Saturday, November 11, 2006

Fix computer

Another computer repairation today.

Aunti Sanger came to my place while I was away this afternoon. When I was back I was told by Vicky that aunti Sanger was looking for me, hence I rang her and knew that another Tzuchi member's (named "Star") computer has got weird internet, which hasn't been able to get online for ages and would like me to have a look on it.

After having dinner with Stars', we had a look on the problematic computer. It was quite slow - a common problem which can be seen on most computers. The main issue - the internet - was eventually found to be caused by the security suite (TrandMicro's product) installed in Star's computer. After uninstalling it, the internet came to alive. However it's surprising that he hasn't got any protection against spywares, virus and other attack (i.e. he's got the security suite but he's NEVER update them).

As it'd been a bit late, I just made a rough tuning up for Star so that the computer may run more smooth than before and came back with aunti Sanger and uncle Larry. Probably I'll have to go over there again in near future.

No comments: